Below is a list of the individual topics (1 session each) as well as retreat themes (3-4 sessions each) that Jill has developed over the past several years, along with a short description of each. She is always writing more and is very open to new ideas or suggestions, especially if your event has a specific theme.
Individual Topics (1 Session each):
2. “Home at Last” – Jill shares her arduous personal journey from performing for God – believing with all her heart that she was saved by grace but living like from that point on she had to live by sheer will-power – to abiding in God, relaxing into the flow of His Spirit’s power living through her.
3. “The Shepherd and His Sheep” – A huge part of relationship is communication. And a huge part of communication is hearing. Drawn from John 10:1-4 and I Samuel 3, we will venture into the mystery, delight, and simplicity of hearing His personal Word to us.
4. “Cultivating a Love that Lasts”: Inspired by I Peter 3:1-15 and a personal longing to discover God’s thoughts on being a godly wife, Jill shares the life and joy she is discovering in this difficult but amazing journey called marriage.
5. “Nothing in between Us” – Starting with the story of Abraham and Isaac in Genesis 22 along with several stories of personal crisis, Jill will pose the question God posed to Abraham and to her. “Son/Daughter, can you trust me?” In these key moments, we have the opportunity to break free from the tyranny of our own “rights”. Each time our will collides against His will, our choice to yield launches us into freedom!
6. “The Sower and the Seed” – In Luke 8:5-15, Jesus tells the parable of the sower and the seed, illustrating how preparing and tending the soil of our hearts to receive the Word and then allowing it to bear fruit in our lives is a key to thriving.
7. “The Law and the Promise” – Galatians is all about the freedom that Jesus purchased for us on the cross – freedom from sin, freedom from the law. Based on Galatians 3:15-29, this teaching explores, celebrates, and practically defines and inspires living by faith!
8. “A Heart Change for Hagar” – This teaching, inspired by the story in Genesis 16 of Hagar, Sarah’s Egyptian maidservant, is a story of forgiveness, grace, and receiving God’s favor against all odds.
9. “Stewing or Steeping” – After a life-changing encounter with God, Jill shares a KEY to triumphing over worry and fear through Jesus’ powerful words taken from the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 6:25-34.
10. “Faith for your Future” – We often pray to discover God’s will, as if it were a hidden message for which we have to figure out the code. Drawn from Psalm 37:1-7, we’ll discover that God delights in leading us through the journey of our lives and finding His will unfolding as we delight ourselves in Him.
11. “Rescued by Love” – Psalm 18 ranks as one of Jill’s all-time favorite passages of Scripture. She lovingly and tenderly relates the beauty of the psalmist David’s words “He rescued me because He delighted in me” – words that were not only true for him, and for her, but for every one of us!!
Retreat Themes (3-4 Sessions each):
2. “Come Thirsty” – These sessions, including a look at the woman at the well and the woman who broke the alabaster jar of perfume over Jesus’ feet, are based on Isaiah 55: 1-2. The theme focuses uncovering and then bringing the thirsty places of our hearts to God, allowing Him to fill them with Living Water.
3. “Out of the Storm” – The story of Jesus walking on the water during the storm is the basis for these 4 teachings, including a session on Jill’s testimony, her story of freedom from the bondage of performance, a message on walking through the storms of life, and a teaching on hearing the voice of God through the storm.
4. “From Slave to Servant” – Using the backdrop of the Israelites journey from Egypt through the desert and on to the Promised Land, Jill talks about the vast difference between the slavery to “doing” and the freedom of “being”.
5. “300 – The Lord Is with You!” – Judges 6-7 tells the story of Gideon and his journey from fear to victorious living. In these four sessions – receiving His Love, hearing His Voice, trusting His heart and catching His wind, we’ll be encouraged and inspired to follow God with wholehearted lives!
6. “The Adventure of Connection” – We’ll take a long look at what connection is, what God’s intent for us from the beginning was, and what a lifelong intimate connection with God can actually look like.
7. “Beauty Within” – Beauty flows out of a person who knows who she is and who she belongs to. We’ll take a look at authenticity, vulnerability, and freedom from shame and how being known, seen, and loved are at the very core of Beauty’s life-giving flow.
Because of the nature of these topics and the atmosphere of vulnerability, a time of prayer following the sessions is extremely beneficial. Jill would love to be available for prayer throughout the event or weekend.