Get Jill's Journey
in your email box.
(* required fields)
Thanks for stopping by. I pray that what God has shared with me will be a blessing to you. If you would like to receive these thoughts in your email, signup on the right. If you are looking for a specific entry and can't find it, please contact me and I'll help you find what you are looking for.
- August 16, 2011 - It's so weird - that when I'm feeling the way I do right now - this disquiet; this doubt and fear just beyond the edge of the light - I feel so unusual. So alone in the struggle. It feels so exceptional and shameful to be so frail and unvictorious. It makes
- April 25, 2009 - Recently, I was asked to sing a song called "Be Still" from our first CD, "Gettin' Away". The song was written years ago by a dear friend of ours, Andrea Glenn, based on that Scripture in Psalm 46:10: "Be still and know that I am God." Although I hardly ever s
- March 21, 2009 - I had a memory come back to me today that I haven't thought about in years. It was a beautiful late afternoon in early spring and we were at Trevor's T-Ball practice. All the parents were sitting around on lawn chairs, talking or reading or just watching. The
- February 12, 2009 - I was taken by surprise a few days ago from something I read in Daniel 3. In it is the familiar story of the three Hebrew young men who refused to bow down and worship the image of the king of Babylon, even though he threatens them with the fiery furnace.
- December 28, 2008 - I was reading in Proverbs this morning and a verse in Chapter 19 really caught my attention. Verse 23 says, "The fear of the Lord leads to life. Then one rests content, untouched by trouble." That stopped me in my tracks. The last several months for us we have
- November 11, 2008 - I'm reading through Jeremiah right now and I was surprised and comforted to rediscover the other day the context surrounding some of my very favorite verses in the whole Bible.
Jeremiah 29:11-14, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares
- October 25, 2008 - I've never thought of myself as much of a writer. Maybe it's because I can't seem to get the words down on paper fast enough to keep up with the steady barrage of thoughts, feelings and ideas that pour into my brain!! I think that's probably one of the reasons